Azuria is based in the 100 Beautiful Islands and Cays of the British and US Virgin Island. We will discuss and plan your unique and individual itinerary with you, so ensuring you get the most from your cruise, from idyllic anchorages and beaches, to sampling Caribbean Culture and invigorating sailing in this beautiful island chain.
Why book Azuria?
Live The Dream.
Be met by Captain Mark at Beef Island Airport, who will have the Azuria tender 5 minutes away, to take you across to Trellis Bay, where Sally will have a welcome drink ready for you as you board. Have lunch aboard, then a gentle sail to Cooper Island for snorkeling and a stroll on the palm fringed beach of Manchioneel Bay. Enjoy cooling Sunset Cocktails & Hors d’oeuvres and dinner under the stars.
After a leisurely breakfast, sail to The Baths on Virgin Gorda, have fun exploring the grottos amongst these huge granite boulders, then snorkel with the vibrantly coloured tropical fish. After a light lunch sail upwind to Virgin Gorda’s beautiful North Sound, home of the world famous Bitter End Yacht Club. Step ashore at BEYC to stretch your legs and explore the beach, boutiques, bars and restaurants of this upscale resort. For the more active, rent a Hobbie Cat and have an exhilarating sail across the sound.
Return to Azuria for one of ‘Captain Cocktails’ creations! (Virgin Cocktails also a specialty). Sally will have a little something prepared to sharpen your appetite for your alfresco dinner. After your dessert you could play a board game or head ashore for some Caribbean live music.
Wake to the aroma of freshly brewed coffee bought to your cabin on request. After today’s breakfast selection, enjoy a great sail to the BVI’s northern most island of Anegada, an expansive Coral atoll with endless white sand beaches and azure blue waters. After lunch take a short ride across the island to Loblolly Bay and some of the best snorkelling in the islands, with huge coral stacks and deep chasms in the reef abundant with exotic sea life.
Return to the mother ship for a late afternoon snooze to prepare yourself for a late afternoon Sundowner of the day, which will probably be a ‘Blue Lagoon’, matching the vibrant colour of Anegada surf. You’ll sense more tantalising aromas from the galley as Sally prepares to tease your taste buds with tonight's creations. Play some of your holiday tunes on Azuria's all-round sound system or lay under the stars and let Mark help find your birth sign constellation.
Open your cabin door to the smell of freshly baked croissant. Sit and read while Sally serves your breakfast. Then set sail for Guana Island and the Marine National Park at Monkey Point. Snorkel with myriad shoals of fish and colourful corals. We often see turtles and tarpon here. After lunch, a gentle downwind sail along the dramatic north coast of Tortola to Cane Garden Bay, a beautiful palm lined beach with a lively Caribbean feel. Swim, Kayak, or take a dinghy ride to the beach and soak up the Tortolan atmosphere.
Cocktail hour back on Azuria, while the sun sets over the islands ends another perfect day, followed by good food and good company.
Wake up to find your hosts have moved your yacht to an idyllic desert island, where the sky kisses the white sand and the sand kisses the ocean. No it’s not a dream; this is just another day in paradise. We’re at Sandy Spit and after breakfast you can stroll on the sand with the sea lapping your feet. Have a go at windsurfing. Mark delights in teaching novices or can help improve your skills. If you’re not laughing and having fun falling in, you’re not trying hard enough!
After lunch sail down to Great Harbour on Jost Van Dyke, home of the world famous Foxy’s, where you are often entertained by Foxy himself. We overnight in one of JVD’s very secluded anchorages as pelicans dive for their supper, just relax under Caribbean skies and gentle breezes.
Need a gift for family or friends? We head for the colourful waterfront of Sopers Hole on Tortola, for some of the best gift stores in the BVI. Then an invigorating sail upwind to Norman Island of piracy fame, for our lunch stop at The Caves. Another Marine National Park that provides stunning snorkeling, as the colours explode in the afternoon sun. The adventurous swim into the caves where pirates of old stashed their booty!
As the sun starts to dip we can either head into The Bight for some lively nightlife at the famous floating bar ‘The Willy T’, or to the seclusion of beautiful Benures Bay. The choice is yours, party or….. peace and tranquility.
We don’t have far to go today, so take a late breakfast, a relaxing swim or kayak before we head for The Indians for snorkeling. The Indians are large rock pillars rising from the sea bed that abound with a rich variety of fish, sponges and corals. Just hang with shoals of Sergeant Majors and Creole Wrasse as they feed on rich plankton blooms. Lunch here then head to Little Harbour on Peter Island, an idyllic anchorage where we relax for the afternoon. For the younger and ‘older’ children amongst you, we can take you for an exciting ride behind the dinghy, take a kayak round the bay or just relax on a noodle in the water.
After sunset, a fun thing to do is to let Mark guide you on a night snorkel! You will see interesting creatures such as Banded Shrimp, Lobster and Octopus.
If you like, tonight is Champagne Cocktail night, followed by Sally’s ultimate creation!
After a relaxing start, take the wheel as we sail the Sir Francis Drake Channel back to Trellis Bay. We reminisce over a rum punch and toast great company, great sailing and having ‘‘Lived the Dream”.
We hope to be helping you plan your next trip soon ...
All served with succulent local fruits, chilled fruit juices, freshly brewed coffee and a selection of teas. Plus cereals, yogurts and a variety of breads, toast and preserves each day.
- Eggs Benedict with Crispy Bacon or Smoked Salmon and English Muffins
- Breakfast Sausages with French Toast and Puerto Rican style Plantains
- Banana and Chocolate Pancakes with Honey bacon on the side.
- Cheese & Ham Croissant Bake with Tomato
- ‘Viking’ Omelets
- Scrambled Eggs wrapped in Smoked Salmon on a Toasted Bagel
To accompany your meal: Ice Cold Water, Chilled soft drinks, a favorite cocktail, beer or wine. With a Selection of Fresh Fruit to follow.
- Lobster Catalana, Mixed Bean Salad and Freshly Baked Foccacia Bread
- Bacon, Brie and Kalamata Olive Tossed Salad with a Caribbean Mustard, Egg and Potato Salad
- Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil Summer Pasta with a tossed Green Salad and Hot Baguette Rolls
- Caesar Salad with a choice of extras; Smoked Salmon & Salmon, Shrimp, Chicken & Bacon or just plain, served with a Tomato and Balsamic Medley, and Hot Garlic Bread
- Sally’s Homemade Gourmet Burgers plus Coleslaw and French Fries
- Scallop and Salmon Brochettes on mixed Green Salad drizzled with a Tarragon and Vermouth Sauce, plus Sweet pepper Salad and Freshly Baked Mixed Grain Baguette.
- Mushrooms Stuffed with walnuts & goat’s cheese, with Little Gems and Blue Cheese Salad and a Variety of Hot Crusty Rolls
Sundowners accompanied by Hors D’Oeuvres
One of Mark’s many Cocktail Specials be it a ‘Viking Vibration’, Bushwacker , Calypso rose, Margarita Classic or a favorite of your own. Mark also has a selection of ‘Virgin’ Cocktails which appeal to all ages. Accompanied by a selection of the following:
- Mini Crab Cakes and Spicy Potato Cakes with a Sweet Chili and Mango Dipping Sauce.
- Asparagus or Figs stuffed with Mozzarella wrapped in Bacon
- Peking Duck and Cucumber Roll with Hoi Sin Sauce
- Cheesy Nachos with Tomato Salsa and ‘Best Ever’ Guacamole
- Crab Salsa or Goat’s Cheese and Olive Tapenade on Crostini
- Chicken Satay with Crunchy Peanut Sauce
Elegantly served in our spacious cockpit under star studded skies, with iced water and selection of wine to accompany the following:
- Redcurrant & Rosmary Chicken ‘en Papilotte’ with Griddled Zucchini & Yellow Squash, plus Spicy Rice
- Seared Tuna Steak with Lemon & Herb Butter, alongside are Garlic and Herb New Potatoes, Beans and Cherry Tomatoes
- Pork au Porto, Chrispy Steamed Broccoli with Toasted Sesame Seeds and Basmati Rice
- Rack of Lamb with a Mustard & Apricot Crust, Timbale of Carrot & Courgette Julienne and Stack of Sauté New Potatoes
- Sweet Chili & Ginger Swordfish Steak, Mixed Stir-Fry Vegetables and Wild Rice
- Mignon Steak, Roasted Shallots with Wild Mushroom and Sherry Sauce, Chardonnay Baby Carrots and Butternut Mash
- Duck Breasts with Soy and Ginger Sauce, Wilted Greens and Egg Noodles
Followed by Freshly Brewed Coffee or Tea with Liqueurs
- Chocolate & Cointreau Mousse with orange segments
- Key Lime Pie
- Crème Brule with Crème de Cassis soaked Raspberries
- Grand Marnier Crepes with freshly Whipped Cream
- Individual Mango & Kiwi Pavlovas
- Lemon and Ginger nut Cheesecake with Fresh Blueberry Coulis
- Caribbean Chocolate & Rum Bananas served with fresh Cream